Desert Storm Bar and Grille

Please visit this area and participate in various diffrent topics of discussion.
Dagger X-Ray
Good Soldiers Never Die
Your Gulf War Unit: 2nd Brigade 1st Infantry Division

Re: Desert Storm Bar and Grille

Post by Dagger X-Ray » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:42 am

xrammyx wrote:Just wanted to say hello to all, glad this board is still up

Welcome to the forums XrammyX. I been trying to get unit patches up for avatars, do you have a problem with my updating yours?
Dagger X-Ray - ARMY
(12/91 - present) - miss the service
(9/90 - 12/91) 2nd Bde 1st Infantry Division - Desert Shield / Desert Storm Combat VET
(9/88 - 9/90) C-17th Signal Battalion of 22nd Signal Brigade - Sachsenhausen Bar Scene VET
(4/88 - 9/88) AIT Fort Gordon, Ga
(12/87 - 3/88) Basic Training Fort Jackson, SC
"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-George Orwell
"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."
- General George Patton
Redmaxx
Good Soldiers Never Die
Your Gulf War Unit: B Co. 7/159 Avn. Regt.

Post by Redmaxx » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:45 pm

Very quiet on here today. Did everyone fall off the planet???????
B Co. 7/159 Avn. Regt.
SSR Platoon
Operation Desert Shield/Storm/Cease Fire 1990/1991
Dagger X-Ray
Good Soldiers Never Die

Post by Dagger X-Ray » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:49 pm

I've been lurking in the shadows off and on all day (means I been on but not signed in...he he.)
Dagger X-Ray - ARMY
(9/90 - 12/91) 2nd Bde 1st Infantry Division - Desert Shield / Desert Storm Combat VET
(9/88 - 9/90) C-17th Signal Battalion of 22nd Signal Brigade - Sachsenhausen Bar Scene VET
"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-George Orwell
- General George Patton
Cpt.Tamm
Senior Vet
Your Gulf War Unit: Please add your Unit

Post by Cpt.Tamm » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:55 am

No, I'm still here :D
Dagger X-Ray
Good Soldiers Never Die

Post by Dagger X-Ray » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:18 am

Are you sure? Better check.
Dagger X-Ray - ARMY
-George Orwell
- General George Patton
Redmaxx
Good Soldiers Never Die

Post by Redmaxx » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:42 am

I fell off the planet, but now I am back. :lol:
B Co. 7/159 Avn. Regt.
SSR Platoon
FA1SGret
Lifer
Your Gulf War Unit: 3rd Bn 17th Field Artillery

Post by FA1SGret » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:05 am

Talk 'bout falling off the planet ... man what a ride the last few weeks have been ... Aint nothin' to say but DAMN!
Desert Shield/Desert Storm/Cease Fire
3rd Bn 17th Field Artillery
210th FA Bde
DS (OPCON) 3/2 ACR, GS 1 ID
FIRE MISSION!
Cpt.Tamm
Senior Vet

Post by Cpt.Tamm » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:00 pm

At the parade :)
And day before
`Little Chinaman :D :D :D
Jetmech
Recruit
Your Gulf War Unit: C BTRY 4/5 FA Gun2

Post by Jetmech » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:50 am

Dagger X-Ray wrote:
redfish wrote:A good leader is hard to come by. Just seems like every one is just waiting till the next election.
I bet Nobama will be voted out of here so fast his head will be spinning.

We need a few of the good ole boys back like we had when we were in the desert (Daddy Bush and Stormin Norman for instance, just my uneducated opinion)
I think this is our WHOLE problem, please let me explain...

I think a lot of the problem with MY Desert Storm issues is a confusing 2 fold:
1. That we didn't get the chance to FINISH the job. Yea we followed orders, and Daddy Bush was brow beaten by the bleading heart wimps (I got a better word) and we had to stop at the boarder. My commander said the day before the ground war, "Next stop Bagdad!" I remember sitting in our gun the night of the cease fire with our barrels pointed directly at Safwan city talking, and we all agreed that D/S was NOT over and someone else would have to come and finish this job, only the next time it will be tougher and more people would die. We followed orders even though WE wanted to finish. Well then we all came home (many of us to lying, cheating, whore wives) and then Slick Willy Clinton was elected and did NOTHING for the 8 years, giving Sadam plenty of time to make allies and train up terrorists and mix up some anti US propaganda. I think the FIRST time the UN inspectors were turned away, we should have said, "well treaty broke" and proceeded to kick Sadams tail THAT DAY, Clinton did JACK SQUAT. When Bush Jr. got elected I told my family that the US was going to be a war with someone and we will probably have to finish Iraq because it wasn't over. When those planes hit the World Trade Center, I called my brother and said, "here we go." How many of our brothers are dead now because we didn't or couldn't finish the job? Every time I meet someone who has served in Iraq since I left, I feel REQUIRED to say that I am soooo sorry I didn't get to FINISH that, and that they had to deal with what was left.... WE SHOULD HAVE DESTROYED THEM LIKE WE DID THE JAPANEESE...
2. I work for the airlines and one of the perks of my job is that I can go anywhere in the world I want for free and most of the time it is in 1st class. Thanks to the GI bill, I got edumacated (<my word). Well my now wife said that she wanted to go and see the Holy Land. This was in 2007 and we all know that part of the world is not the safest and is still not. Well in this trip we had the chance to go and see Petra (If you have seen Indiana Jones and the last crusade it is the place where the cup of life is located) in Jordan. Well Jordan is 95% Muslim and 5% Christian as far as religion goes. Our guide is telling us that Petra is a sacred Muslim site and was only discovered in this century by the western world. Here I am thinking, "Oh boy, Muslims are going to eat us." Our guide was a guy in his late 30's and the subject of Iraq was brought up. It was explained to me like this, The people in that area think in hundreds of years not just 4 or 8 years like we do in America. If we were to look at a map just a couple 100 years ago, the Britts and their "take over the world" thinking came and shoved a flag in the sand and named it, Kuwait. The Iraqi people said, "Hey wait, This is our country!" The britts shoved a gun in their faces like they have done time and time again and said, "Back off or we'll shoot you in the face!" and began to expand and tax the hell out of the people as far as they thought they could get away with. Fast forward a bunch of years and England was getting tired of getting their a$$es kicked out of EVERYWHERE (The US included) and decided they would just leave Kuwait to fend for themselves. Few more 10s of years later and Iraq was like, "Hey, that land was ours first, we want it back." Just happened to be in 1990 and they took it BACK the same way England did. The world got all butt hurt and there we go. WE SHOULD NOT HAVE GOTTEN OUR NOSES INTO IT IN THE FIRST PLACE.

I must say that that conversation TOTALY changed my opinion on the whole war. I think OUR government was wrong BOTH WAYS and it is SAD that we have Brothers, Fathers, Sons, Sisters, Mothers, and Daughters over there dying now as we speak and it has gotten so far out of hand that there is not much else we can do to fix that problem. Either way the whole Democrat/Republican ways have failed the world, no doubt about that...

Like you, Dagger X-ray, just my 1/2 or uneducated opinion.
Dagger X-Ray
Good Soldiers Never Die

Post by Dagger X-Ray » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:24 am

and I AMEN you post!
Dagger X-Ray - ARMY
-George Orwell
- General George Patton
Gulfvet90
Recruit

Post by Gulfvet90 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:25 pm

All i can say to Dagger and Jet is thank you for saying what we all feel! Amen brothers Amen!
I'll see you on the other side!

WARNING

I suffer From Occasional Loss Of Mental Stability, And Become Very Violent With Only Slight Provocation. The Veterans Administration Has Determined That Both Mental And Physical Harassment Of My Person May Be Hazardous To Your Health And Well Being. So Please, For Your Sake
STAY OUT OF MY FACE!
redfish
Good Soldiers Never Die
Your Gulf War Unit: 24th Infantry Division, 197th Infantry Brigage, 72 Engr Co.

Post by redfish » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:46 pm

Anybody seen any clinical trials testing the treatment of lab rats, who have been purposely given PTSD, with Marijuana? Interesting concept. Do you think they need volunteers?

And, do the rats need to go to group?
Shield/Storm
18th Airborne Corps
24th Infantry Division
197th Infantry 72 ENGR CO
Assault and Barrier Pltn
"Sledgehammer"
Redmaxx
Good Soldiers Never Die

Post by Redmaxx » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:05 am

Welcome to Friday my Desert-Storm.Com family. I hope that everyone has a great weekend.
B Co. 7/159 Avn. Regt.
SSR Platoon
FA1SGret
Lifer
Your Gulf War Unit: 3rd Bn 17th Field Artillery

Post by FA1SGret » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:52 pm

Friday it is ... nice sunny day today, with a couple of more good days in the forecast. Hope everyone has a good weekend.
Desert Shield/Desert Storm/Cease Fire
3rd Bn 17th Field Artillery
210th FA Bde
DS (OPCON) 3/2 ACR, GS 1 ID
FIRE MISSION!
Cpt.Tamm
Senior Vet

Post by Cpt.Tamm » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:24 am

Indeed I had..I hope you all had great weekend too :) What day is tomorrow? My day, 08.03.1992 I was born :D